Each June, adults with intellectual disabilities come to Camp Pennwood to begin a week-long social and recreational vacation experience highlighted by day trips.
Last year, our P.A.V.E. clients participated in the following activities:
- Monday - Bowling at Laser Alleys and Lunch at York Buffet
- Tuesday - Whitaker Center and Lunch at Jimmy John's in Harrisburg
- Wednesday - Alpacas of York Farm and Lunch at Infinito's
- Thursday - Swimming at Graham Aquatic Center and lunch at Aroma Buffet
- Friday - Arts & crafts and picnic at Camp Pennwood
In 2023, P.A.V.E. will take place June 12-16.
NOTE- Beginning in the fall of 2022, The Arc of York County and The Arc of Adams County began the process of merging to better serve individuals in York and Adams Counties. Although we are still awaiting our official name change to "The Arc of York and Adams Counties," we proudly serve all individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in both York and Adams Counties.