Maintenance Specialist- Part-time
The Maintenance Specialist will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance at all three The Arc of York County properties. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment at three different locations (Hill Street Admin Center, Highland Center for Vocational Services, Camp Pennwood).
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Coordinate contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Maintaining equipment and diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them and referring to supervisor for additional services.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Prepare Camp Pennwood for the summer camp season, including:
- Removing leaves and tree branches
- Mowing grass and weed wacking
- Power washing walkways and buildings
- Repairing walkways and fencing
- General indoor and outdoor painting
- Organizing maintenance sheds
- Closing Camp Pennwood after summer camp season ends.
- Mowing and landscaping at all three locations.
High school diploma or GED required. Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record. Position starts at $15/hour.
Employment Training Specialist- Full-time
Our full-time Employment Training Specialist will provide job placement and on-the-job training to people with disabilities in the York and Hanover areas, including parts of Adams County.
Experience working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities required. Must have reliable transportation and pass background checks. Must be able to work a flexible schedule with availability on evenings and weekends. High school diploma or GED required. Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record. Position starts at $15/hour.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Connecting with employers to explain our programs and explore opportunities.
- Meeting with individuals, families, and state/county agencies.
- Attending interviews, training with individuals, and checking into the workplace once support has faded out.
- Completing reporting, billing, and communicating to the team each individual's status
PLEASE NOTE- If your resume does not reflect your experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, please add this information in a cover letter.
After School Aide (York)- Part-time
Our After School Options Program provides direct support to students with intellectual and developmental disabilities in York. This includes leisure activities as well as goal objectives. Position is only during the school year. Hours are between 2:30 PM and 6:00 PM, weekdays.
Position starts at $11.00/hour. Must be able to pass all required background checks.
Direct Service Professional- Part-time
Positions open for habilitation, companion, and respite services for adults with developmental disabilities in the York/Hanover area. The Arc provides support to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in order to assist them in having maximum opportunities to actively participate in all aspects of community life and to offer programs and services that support them in doing so.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
Assume overall care of individual with intellectual/developmental disability. For some individuals, it will include medical care and for others it will not include any medical care at all. Duties may include assuring the person's safety, assistance with feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting and mobility/ambulation; preparing food and housekeeping. For some individuals it will include medical care. For some it will include occasional local transportation.
High school diploma or GED required. Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Must be able to pass all background checks. Must be able to work independently. Related experience a plus.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should send cover letter and resume to:
The Arc of York County, 497 Hill Street, York, PA 17403 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, religious, and/or political beliefs. We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualification, performance, and competence.