10 Questions for Mark Simpson, Development Coordinator
Mark's been with The Arc of York County since May. His primary responsibilities include raising funds through The Arc's Rail Trail 10-Miler and The Arc Ball and Auction. Funds raised by Mark benefit the programs and services of The Arc of York County.
1. What is the first concert you ever attended?
George Jones and Tammy Wynette at Country Paradise Park in western, Pennsylvania. I think I was about 4 or 5 years old and went with my parents and grandparents.
2. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Always have wished I could juggle.
3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Buy a home in Vancouver, British Columbia.
4. What book did you last read?
"The Christmas Cookie Killer" by Livia J. Washburn
5. What is your favorite sport?
6. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
My paternal grandfather, Walter C. Simpson. He was born in the late 1800's and died in 1971... before I was born.
7. Best vacation you've been to?
2012 Alaskan Cruise and Land Tour. Moose and Grizzlies and Denali... oh my!
8. Favorite Food?
Lemon Meringue Pie... or Key Lime Pie... or Strawberry Rhubarb Pie... of Pumpkin Custard Pie... or Pecan Pie. You get the picture!
9. How do you define success?
Being a part of The Arc of York County team and not dreading having to go to work each day anymore. Unfortunately, I couldn't say that in previous jobs.
10. What is your favorite thing about working at The Arc of York County?